Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
YourArcadeScript Forum
YAS Staff Members:
jason of Jasminrocks and etc
royal of Flash Pilot

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Remove Rightside?
10-21-2010, 02:18 PM
[Not Solved] Remove Rightside?
Just wonder how I go about removing the right column on certain parts of the site?

Mainly the game page at the moment.
10-21-2010, 02:24 PM
[Not Solved] Re: Remove Rightside?
Hmm, I've figured out it's listed in the footer file...but it doesnt seem as though there's away to remove the rightside without removing it everywhere..

Think I'm gonna have to create another footer file, much like you did with smallfooter?
10-21-2010, 03:15 PM
[Not Solved] Re: Remove Rightside?
Hey Urban. One way to do something like what you want and keep the script code relatively intact would to do something like this:

In the index.php where we have the page flow and the switch statement(acts much like an "if" statement), find the case you don't want the regular right column/footer...

ie. [code=php]<span class="syntaxdefault">case </span><span class="syntaxstring">'forum'</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">:<br /></span><span class="syntaxdefault">        include </span><span class="syntaxkeyword">(</span><span class="syntaxstring">"templates/"</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">.</span><span class="syntaxdefault">$setting</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">[</span><span class="syntaxstring">'theme'</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">].</span><span class="syntaxstring">"/forum.php"</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">);<br /></span><span class="syntaxdefault">        include </span><span class="syntaxkeyword">(</span><span class="syntaxstring">"templates/"</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">.</span><span class="syntaxdefault">$setting</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">[</span><span class="syntaxstring">'theme'</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">].</span><span class="syntaxstring">"/customfooter.php"</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">);<br /></span><span class="syntaxdefault">        exit</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">();<br /></span><span class="syntaxdefault">        break</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">;</span><span class="syntaxdefault"> </span><span class="syntaxcomment">//just in case the exit fails      </span><span class="syntaxdefault"></span>[/code]
What you are doing is inserting your custom footer/closing code and exiting the script. By doing this you will skip the call to the regular footer which follows the switch.

Just a note on includes - this is for anyone who reads this and who is customizing the script. When you include a code file like so:
[code=php]<span class="syntaxdefault">include </span><span class="syntaxkeyword">(</span><span class="syntaxstring">"templates/"</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">.</span><span class="syntaxdefault">$setting</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">[</span><span class="syntaxstring">'theme'</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">].</span><span class="syntaxstring">"/forum.php"</span><span class="syntaxkeyword">);</span><span class="syntaxdefault"> </span>[/code]
This is the same as having that files code right there in that spot. It is just a way to segment and organize the code flow, also makes for smaller file sizes and the loading of the code only if you need it. That is why I only open a database connection once. I do not explicitly close it because PHP does that when the script ends. That is why the forum code caused havoc for you, it closes the DB connection I open at the start of the code flow in index.php.
07-09-2017, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2017 09:41 AM by wishdropper.)
[Not Solved] RE: Remove Rightside?
Hello,i want to remove the right column from game.php/gamepage. But dont understand this method.
I was searching game.php for code like include right column,but nothing such like that,even footer is not there in the code. When game width is big right part of game screen is showing behind the right column (i am adding games with custom code),not front,thats why the problem.
Here what i mean http://www.3digrionline.net/game/32/Wolv...-Fury.html right part of game play screen is closed by right column.
If someone can help with this case please..
07-10-2017, 04:22 AM
Hi wishdropper!

You have to comment out or remove the parts you don't want in rightcolumn.php. You wont find rightcolumn.php in game.php because it is located in footer.php.

When you embed your own game it should have 720px widht to look good.

[Image: 2ive7ac.jpg]
07-10-2017, 08:41 AM
Hi,thanks for the reply.Best choice for me for now is using lightbox for playing games,most of games will be with big widht and if i edit them game window will be cropped only from right side.
07-10-2017, 11:55 PM
I think the lightbox is better if you don't want to change the layout on the game page.

[Image: 2ive7ac.jpg]